Brass strings and Ivory keys

About a year ago, I thought I had finally figured things out. I thought I could tell you exactly where I'd be now, or in five or ten years. Everything was falling into place so perfectly, there was no way it wasn't all "meant to be."
The problem was, I hadn't yet learned that nothing is really ever "meant to be." We make choices, and they take us places. The Lord consecrates things we do for good. But destiny...that's all a sham. (I used to think that was a really blah way of looking at things, but when I thought about it, it's a lot more romantic that you have to choose someone, not that you're stuck with them because they're meant for you.)
Back to the point...because I thought I had things all figured out just perfectly, when a curveball got thrown my way, I fought it tooth and nail. No way was my master plan going down that easy. But, silly me, this plan was a whole lot better; I just couldn't see it yet.
Now, I'll stop being annoying and vague and 'splain myself. I'm talkin about this boy right here.
I know, right?
And the thing is, up until he came along I pretty much considered myself an island, at least in the relationship department. But I never knew you could find everything you want and everything you need all wrapped up in one person. So, let me do something completely out of character and gush for a second:
He's wonderful. He treats me great, and when I talk to him in stupid voices, he just does it right back. We like to drive around and sing at the top of our lungs together. And I'm pretty sure we share a brain; I've never met anyone who is thinking the same thing at the same time as me more often than this boy. It's borderline crazy. (I'm serious, it's kind of scary.)
For the sake of time, I'll stop. But I will say, I'm not trying to brag or anything about how lucky I am. (Except maybe a little.) It's just become increasingly apparent how important he is to my story, and in a way, I guess that's what I'm here to tell.
So, there you have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment