Getting started...

First off, just a little disclaimer: I did NOT want to become the "blogging girl." I mock those girls. (Not you. Everyone but you.) But as anyone who knows me well at all can tell you, I love to write. Writing is what I do best, it's what makes me feel like me. The problem is, I never write anymore... (queue flashback...)
In second grade I fell in love with writing. Ok, that sounds dumb, but if you've ever found that one thing you're naturally good at, you know what I mean. I was lucky to find it so early in life. From then on, I was always writing. My dad bought me this old typewriter from a yard sale, and I spent months on this book called "Emma and Ann" which was basically "Little House on the Prairie" with different names (same characters) and less historically-accurate facts. I would've been sued.
Anyway, most of you probably know I published a book a few months after I graduated High School.




I thought I was doing this great thing, that I was taking the first leaping bounds towards being a real author. What I didn't realize was that even after reading through it 1,000 times and making a million changes, when the final copy came, I still wasn't satisfied. I would change so much. So, in the almost 3 years since it got published, I've never been able to read it all the way through... it makes me angry. And that translated into me never being able to finish the next book. I've had tons of ideas, I've typed up dozens of pages, but they all end up sitting on my desktop, waiting for that one big, great idea that I haven't gotten yet, because no idea can be big or great enough.

The point: I have a quote in my room that says, "Do what you love, and do it often." And this, blogging, despite my inital doubts, is a good way to do just that.







1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Nomi, I just googled the title of your book and its all over the internet! This just makes me love you even more that you wrote a book. I plan on reading it someday! :)

    ReplyDelete