Conversations with my Fiance...part one

Scene: getting ready to leave for a friend's house after work.

Me: Oh, my new coat came today! Want to see?


Caleb: Show me!


Me: (putting on coat with as much dramatic flair as possible.)


Caleb: (stone faced) It's kind of big.


Me: It is kind of big. But it's a coat, I guess it's supposed to be.


Caleb: (still stone faced)


Me: I got it online, so I couldn't check the size for sure...


Caleb: (it's as if he's not even in the room)


Me: (getting desperate for a reaction) It's warm! But look...the lining has skulls.


Caleb: Skulls?


Me: Yeah, I didn't pick it. They didn't show that in the pictures online.


Caleb: Yeah, it's pretty big. I thought those were supposed to fit better.


Me: Yeah. It is. Big. Does it make me look fat...?


Caleb: (studying me in my fat coat, clearly trying to think up the nicest way possible to tell me that I do indeed look fat in my too big coat.)


Me: Hey! You're supposed to say, "No, of course not!"


Caleb: (confused, but dead serious) Wait...do you want me to lie about stuff like that?


Awkward silence.


Me: (realizing I'm marrying a man who will always tell me like it is, even if I don't like it, and even if I can't return the coat.) .......I guess not. 







1 comment:

  1. Oh my Gosh Anndee! I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face!!! I could Totally See and hear that whole conversation :))

    ReplyDelete